8/10/10

Missing NYC...


When with her clouds the early dawn illumes
Our doubtful streets, wistful they grow and mild
As if a sleeping soul grew happy and smiled,
The whole dark city radiantly blooms.
Pale spires lift their hands above the glooms
Like a resurrection, delicately wild,
And flushed with slumber like a little child,
Under a mist, shines forth the innocent Tombs.
Thus have I seen it from a casement high.
As unsubstantial as a dream it grows.
Is this Manhattan, virginal and shy,
That in a cloud, so rapturously glows?
Ethereal, frail, and like an opening rose,
I see my city with an enlightened eye.

<>

I have been missing new york for months now and in one week I will be back there!
all these pics are from previous endeavors to nyc!









7 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks so amazing!! I love central park pictures most of all! xoxoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous post! New York is my favorite city, it's such a beautiful and inspiring place. And I love to walk around and pretend I'm in a little romantic comedy film like You've Got Mail. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos!! i cant wait to go to NYC x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would miss it too.
    Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what is number 6??? brooklyn bridge? it's a gorgeous and mindblowing photo at the same time... the layering is almost haunting but still so beautiful

    <33 [v] hobovogue

    ReplyDelete
  6. capturing the city exceptionally x

    www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome photos! Makes me want to visit there!

    http://fromdenimtodessert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails